Ready, Re-Set, Go!



Happy New Year everyone!

The New Year usually brings to light changes people would like to make within themselves. We feel like we get the chance to hit the reset button and try again. We make lots of jokes about it because these attempts at change often don’t last beyond a month or two. It takes a lot of focus and determination to ever see real results.

But, I have decided to climb on the New Year bandwagon. That’s right, I’m totally goal setting! But instead of setting myself up for failure, I am making a plan to make my life (a tad) easier. At least emotionally. Many of you know my family welcomed a third child in October with the birth of our first daughter, Lena. I wouldn’t trade her for the entire world, but it is a pure circus in my house, every single day. I say this without a single bit of exaggeration. Mom brain is at the wheel & am lucky to remember to brush my teeth. 

Understandably, I’ve been a little worried about getting in some sessions while juggling a baby in 2020. I can’t figure it out. As I type this, I’m wearing the baby in a carrier strapped to my chest.

Due to this new, busier life, I have made the choice to just stop selling sessions for a year. No business plans, marketing, -nothing. Last year I was so sick and miserable with my pregnancy that I could hardly get off of the couch to take a Zantac. Since having the baby, I feel 100% better, but just can’t squeeze in much else. So I definitely cannot expect to have uninterrupted time dedicated to a paying client.

Baby Lena napping away.
This year, all sessions are free.

That’s right. I’m not charging anyone for any work I do this year. I’m not going to stop practicing photography. This year is going to be for growing & improving my craft. I slacked big time last year and it drove me insane. I created very little after the Spring, so I have a ton of catching up to do.

My New Year plan is to focus on creative projects, as time allows. I’d like to expand my regular portfolio too, so if you’d like to talk about working in some kind family, friends, or other portrait sessions, and you don’t mind driving to Indian Lake Estates and taking a lot of breaks while I deal with my children, then let’s make a plan. The session fees are waived through 1/1/2021 & you will only have to pay for any images you want. Those prices cover files, prints, and packages include USB’s & storage boxes too.

I look forward to making a lot of cool stuff this year, working for new people, and making new friends! Hope 2020 brings everyone lots of joy & good luck!

To return to my website, click this link: KarmenSasser.com

Comments

Popular Posts