Summer of Fairies


Hello you! I hope you're having a wonderful summer. Perhaps through the July heat, Corona virus, and planning the crazy upcoming school year, you & your family have found ways to make some amazing memories; or at least not kill one another.


I'm going to be honest, at times we're going crazy at my house! No eating out, family shopping trips, bounce houses, or vacations has my children actually wanting to go to school. Because of this quarantine, we've tried harder to find ways to enjoy life. Some days it's a real challenge and some days we actually succeed. Every once in a while, you're thrown a pity bone. Usually we head to the lake in the Spring to let the kids play in the mayflies. They hatch out once year when the weather starts to warm up. They look like a swarm of tiny fairies floating above the tall grass at the lake. This year, they came a second time. I've always wanted to get pictures of the boys running through them & I finally did! They aren't perfect, as I was sitting in the truck with the baby in my lap. But I'm pleased enough with these summer snapshots that I would like to share them. It was a beautiful sunset and there was a nice breeze, so we weren't running around like sweaty swamp apes. My husband took a couple of left over fireworks & loaded them in our truck and we went to the lake to set them off. When we got there, the mayflies were everywhere! So we let the kids out and they ran through them barefoot. It's always  amazing when things just work out perfectly. I love that something so simplistic can create so much joy.

Here's what I captured. I hope you can feel the spirit with which they were captured and that they send some of that free spirited your way.





Comments

Popular Posts